Honey Soy Pork Spare RibsPhoto coming soon :)
What You'll need:
- 1kg of pork spare ribs or american style pork ribs ( available at Coles and Woolworths)
- 1 and a half tablespoons of Hoisin sauce
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or 2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of fresh or powered ginger ( i used chopped ginger from a jar)
- salt and pepper
- a small grinding of dried chilli ( optional)
If you used fresh ginger or garlic finely chop it. Throw all the above ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. I prefer to use my hands to mix all the ingredients together then add the ribs and rub the sauce all over them.
Place the ribs side by side in a glass or ceramic dish or large bowl, don't use a metal bowl if marinating for longer than an two hours. Cover with plastic wrap and pop int the fridge for a minimum of thirty minutes. The longer you leave them to marinade the better the will taste.
Preheat the oven on 200 degrees for ten minutes. Take your ribs out of the fridge and place them side by side in a baking tray lined with baking paper or foil (save the left over sauce).
Pop them into the oven for forty five minutes ( turn them over and baste them using a spoon or pastry brush after the first twenty minutes).
Serve with rice, yum!
Hope you enjoy, Love Jem.