Wednesday, June 15, 2011

                                                   Penne a la Betsy
This recipe is incredibly comforting, it's a recipe from The Pioneer Women Cooks book.
By far my most treasured book in a vast cook book collection. I could go on and on about this incredible book, it's gorgeous step by step photos, mouthwatering recipes and of course it's stunning author and photographer Ree Drummond. I've followed her blog daily over the last couple of years, her warm honest writing style and full flavoured recipes make any foodie fall in love with her. This particular recipe was made up by her sister Betsy, the minute I lay eyes on it I was desperate to make it. Warm pasta, sweet juicy prawn pieces drenched in rich creamy tomato sauce. I changed the recipe slightly by using curly fettuccine pasta and adding 3 handfuls of shredded Parmesan and used  a 4 tablespoon of tomato puree instead of 1 can of tomato sauce. I also mixed in 1 table spoon of corn flour which I first dissolved in 3 tablespoons of water, this was to thicken the sauce . I couldn't find fresh basil in Coles or Woolies so I settled for minced  basil in a tube. So give it a go, you won't be disappointed. Here is  Penne a la Betsy!



Love Jem

3 comments:

Shawn said...

That's a good recipe...I like your modifications of using curly pasta and adding parmesan & tomato paste. I'll make this for our Friday dinner!

Jem Jems Food Blog said...

Thank you Shawn:) I loooooove this recipe, very addictive.

Katie said...

I absolutely adore The Pioneer Woman. I bought her cookbook for my Mom and we read it like a novel!